Moisture control and mitigation in museum and cultural heritage environments is the primary challenge to maintaining appropriate environmental conditions for the long-term preservation of collection materials. This session is an introduction to the topic and will cover:
1) The importance of dew point;
2) The impact of moisture on collection preservation;
3) Moisture incursion and building envelopes;
4) Dehumidification – common processes and the goal;
5) Humidification – when to do it, and the risk associated.
Facilities Management track generously supported by MGAC
- Jeremy Linden